Wednesday, August 11, 2010

2010 Ohio State Fair

    On the week of August 3-8, I traveled to the Ohio State Fair. This is a normal affair for my family and I each and every year. Between my sister Amber and I, we exhibited seven of our Guernseys. It was mostly a beautiful week with extremely warm weather. It only rained on our cots once! We had a week packed full of youth activities, games, skillathons, judging contests, showing, and lots of ice cream from the dairy bar! Located in the ice cream building, there was a butter sculpture display. In the picture to the right, you can see a small portion of it. The other half included football players representing the Bengals & Browns and a large football. Another highlight, I'd like to mention for the dairy clan, is the corn hole tournament. This year 16 teams competed in a head to head competition for the gold medal and champion title. 
    The Guernsey show was quite spectacular this year. My sister served as the 2010 Jr. Ohio State Guernsey Queen. Us "Dietz" sisters both had an opportunity at royalty this year. I had a wonderful time passing out ribbons, seeing the smiling faces, and catching up with Guernsey breeders across the state. I’d like to congratulate the exhibitors not only for their winnings but for bringing out such a beautiful group of fawn and whites! I'd also like to congratulate my sister for winning Jr. Champion & HM Jr. Champion with her calf, Toots. I'm really proud of her! Lastly, I would like to thank the Ohio Guernsey Breeders for giving me the opportunity to help out at the show and for making this year's fair (and my last year of 4-H) an enjoyable experience! 
Thank you,

Ashlee Dietz
2010 National Guernsey Princess
R-Way Farm

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff Ashlee!! I wish I would have done this last year with all of the shows I went to! SO proud of you girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salut, vous faites l'esprit souffle des idées et un article spectaculaire ici. La dernière fois, quand j'ai vu votre site c'est un peu de bien, mais aujourd'hui, je visiter le site Web à nouveau et de trouver ce que vous les gars faire un travail très intelligent sur ​​le site. Web Aujourd'hui le surf est courir très vite et une forte concurrence sur le web se propage. Donc, il est très intéressant. Merci ...
    Or Guernesey chèvres

    ReplyDelete